You will be asked to discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topic medications for 3-5 days before your micro needling treatment.
- No sunscreen OR makeup for at least 12 to 24 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or non-recommended products on the treated areas for at least 1 week.
- Gently wash the face a few hours after treatment or before bed time with cool water and gentle cleanser.
- 12-72 hours post-treatment mineral makeup can be applied, but continue to use a gentle cleanser, hyaluronic acid serum, and physical sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- After 72 hours following treatment client can return to regular skin care regimen.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days as well as excessive sun exposure for 10 days.*
* For treatment of acne scars and skin rejuvenation usually 5-8 treatments are recommended
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 72 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds!!
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
You will be asked to discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topic medications for 3-5 days before your chemical peel. It is required that you wear a sunscreen daily and use the appropriate home care topical products.
It is suggested when scheduling this treatment to allow some down time just in case the skin exfoliation is more than expected. Even though there may be anticipated peeling, the skin, at various stages of progress, may experience heavier sloughing. Usually this is never more than 1 or 2 days. However, some clients don’t peel at all and some can peel up to 10 days. Whether your skin peels a little, a lot or not at all doesn’t mean the treatment was or wasn’t effective. It is impossible to predict exactly what may happen to the skin. Listed is a general description of what to anticipate.
- Immediately following the treatment, the skin will feel very smooth and tight.
- The skin will generally begin peeling in 2 to 3 days; however peeling can take place anytime for the next 7 days.
- The skin does not always visibly peel. It may take 2 to 3 treatments for this to happen. There are many other advantages from a skin peel.
- Benefits from these procedures may be smoother and softer skin, a healthier glow, less oil, more moisture, refined pores, an improvement in discoloration, diminished fine lines and increased acne control.
- Please keep in mind that an average of 6 chemical peels are recommended each spaced 3 weeks apart to achieve significant improvement in the appearance and condition of the skin. After the series of treatments are completed to maintain the results the client should stay on a complete daily skin regimen.
- DO NOT wash your face for 8 hours
- Do not overheat your skin for 48 hours after the chemical peel: this includes, sweating, exercising, extremely hot showers, or blow-dryers.
- ONLY use mineral make-up for 48 hours following the chemical peel
- DO NOT at any time pick at peeling or sloughing skin
- DO NOT use a washcloth on your face or a scrub for 7 daysWhen the treatment is finished, the skin may have a frosted white appearance. This is caused from the solution and usually fades within a few hours. The skin may also be very red and will continue to redden and feel sensitive over the next 24 hours. The skin becomes very tight and dry and there may be very slight swelling. This is normal.The outcome of the peel depends solely on YOU! No picking at the skin. Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for 2 weeks. 4 weeks is better and never getting direct sun is, of course, optimal.
- Don't use any exfoliants or get waxed for 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Stay hydrated.
- DO NOT touch face with dirty hands or put phone to face.
- Do not work out day of treatment.
- No makeup for the remainder of the day, let your skin breath, it will thank you!